If you want to cheat time a little and get rid of any imperfections, pimples, scars and large pores, use the power of microdermabrasion – the most popular cleansing and revitalizing treatment. It is especially valued for its long-term effects. Microdermabrasion stimulates our own cells to renew, forces them to fight for a younger, better skin. How does the treatment look like and what does it give to your skin?
What is microdermabrasion?
This is an aesthetic medicine procedure – safe and non-invasive, performed using dermocosmetics and the highest-quality substances. It is also defined as a controlled exfoliation. The whole procedure involves mechanical exfoliation of the stratum corneum and deeper layers of the skin.
This kind of micro-scrub is strictly adapted to the type and needs of the skin. A professional technician makes sure the exfoliation does not go too deep into the skin.
How does microdermabrasion look like?
In one part of the skin – the epidermis – there are dead cells filled with protein, i.e. keratin, while in the dermis there are living cells that undergo continuous processes. The better and more efficient the processes, the better the skin is regenerated – it feels younger and firmer, less prone to wrinkles. During microdermabrasion, the layer of skin is exfoliated – the technician decides how deep the exfoliating process can go. For this reason, it is important that the process is performed by an experienced and knowledgeable person.
What are the effects of microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion perfectly exfoliates, oxygenates and strengthens the epidermis. However, above all, it intensifies the production of collagen in the skin – it has influence on the condition, youth and firmness of your skin. The treatment stimulates the living cells of your skin to regenerate, also the synthesis of elastic fibres and collagen increases.
What’s important, microdermabrasion works on the deeper parts of the skin. As a result, it improves the blood and lymph flow and also speeds up the removal of toxins.
Microdermabrasion is non-invasive and perfectly prepares the skin for next treatments (with laser or radio waves).
Microdermabrasion – advantages
- it oxygenates and nourishes the skin
- it makes active substances in cosmetics better absorbed
- it improves skin tone
- it strengthens the flexibility of the skin
- it perfectly cleanses and unclogs pores
- it removes blackheads and soothes the symptoms of acne
- it makes discolorations and scars less visible
- it stimulates collagen production
- it improves blood circulation and eliminates redness
Microdermabrasion – before and after the procedure
Before microdermabrasion, the skin should not undergo any other intensive procedures, therefore, for 5 days before the procedure, avoid:
- chemical creams for depilation and waxing
- face cleansing brushes and rough sponges
- any face scrubs
Microdermabrasion – skincare after the procedure:
- drink about 2 liters of mineral water a day (it gives additional firming effect);
- avoid the effects of solar radiation;
- avoid using a tanning bed for a few days after the procedure;
- use creas with;
- avoiding the tanning bed for a few days after the surgery;
- use of creams with high UV filter (minimum SPF 25);
- avoid chlorinated water;
- use skin whitening preparations at least 24 hours after microdermabrasion;
- people with skin discolorations should use hydroquinone formulations at concentrations of 2% (minimum).